
Sweeeeeeeeeeet. I love Slut Wong!
I went for the interview at National Australia Bank last Friday and both my interviewers were really nice! One of them is an angmoh (I assume he's an Australian) who is the director of integrated financial solutions and the other is an Asian lady who is the manager of HR. Wah his eyes were super blue and I got lost in them. The interview turned out to be a casual chatting session and we even talked about F1! Hahaha how cool are they as prospective employers. They're not in the least intimidating. I was shortlisted by their superior but he wasn't in office that day. I really wonder why he picked me cuz my grades are really very mediocre and my cca record is virtually zilch. Anyway after the interview Fiona showed me around their open-concept office and walked me out on the way. She told me they're going to interview a few others that day too and hopefully will bring me some good news.
And I got the good news yesterday afternoon while I was going to check my Phase 2 companies. I wasn't eligible so that must mean I got selected by NAB already! Yipeeeeee. Then Minshan called me in the evening and excitedly told me I got in hahaha. Both of us were sooooo happy because we can go to work together in the mornings! She got selected by the Ministry of Manpower and most likely she'll work in the Raffles Place office (there's another one at Clarke Quay) due to the project she has chosen. And I'll be at City Hall so that makes us only one stop apart!
Anyway I've been told that we'll be undertaking real projects and banking with other big companies. I guess this is a good platform for me to know whether the banking world really suits me. Plus NAB's strong areas are what I'm really interested in- wealth management, SME banking & agribanking (how cool is agribanking!). In times of the subprime crisis and an impending recession looking set to arrive, I think NAB is quite stable as compared to the other big banks like UBS & Merill Lynch because NAB's areas of growth are somewhat shields against the financial storms.
On a side note, exams are coming in less a month's time. GREAT. Oh and my internship is only for 8 weeks, which will end exactly on my birthday itself! HAPPPPPPPPPPY.
♥ 9:25 AM